You have to leave the house sooner or later and when you do you can count on some asshole pissing you off.
You might even be that asshole. Who can say.
These people don't have to ruin your day. You can arm yourself with the right tools so that when negative energy floats your way it can't get into your body. Here are some guidelines to help block negative energy:
1. Stop asking for it. Are you disregarding personal space issues? Are you talking on the phone in an elevator or a train??? Are you kicking peoples' seats? Well, stop it right now.
2. Stop asking for other people's opinions. People love to give their two cents on any topic. The less you ask for advice the less you'll subject yourself to some jerk's cynical outlook on life.
3. Walk down less populated streets. The less you run into anyone the better. Cross the street if you see someone headed your way. If someone asks you for directions, open your eyes wide, nod your head no, and walk on. Crisis averted!
4. Buy tiny secret servicemen earpieces. Then keep a steady flow of white noise pulsing through them. The less you hear anyone talk the better.
5. Drink a lot of water. The more you hydrate the more you'll have to get up to go to the bathroom when in the room with a Negative Nancy. You won't absorb nearly as much negative energy as you would if you had to just sit there uninterrupted.
6. Start living only for yourself. If you can't beat em, join em. Stop focusing on the well being of others and redirect that energy back to your own life. If you solely preoccupy yourself with your own concerns then you won't ever be cognizant of the emotional state of anyone else.